When you let go of expectations the world opens up to you and there are endless opportunities. – Josephine Lee
Josephine see’s opportunity in hardship. After running a successful business in a small ballet market she knew that the best way to expand her business was to drop every product but one which was Professional Pointe. She was advised against this decision but less than 2 years the pointe shop now has a vision to have professional fitters in every major U.S. city. She is also a world champion speaker, taking home 3rd place in Toastmasters yearly competition that begins with a pool of 30,000 contestants and after 6 months, and 6 rounds the final 3 remain on stage.
When 9 of the final 100 speakers at the world championship got together we created a lasting bond that started with Josephine asking us all to take a picture. So now not only is she a champion, but a friend. Her humanitarian efforts are helping make the world a better place.
- Don’t take yourself to serious
- Everybody has a purpose
Quotes and Side notes
- “Purpose is articulating what you’ve already known, pay attention to what tugs at you and brings immense joy”
- “Never second guess yourself, just do it”
- “I don’t take myself to serious, I do what feels right, I don’t’ resist the urge to compete, have a good time, take a chance, or risk”
- “Reckless has a negative connotation, but there is something freeing about it.”
- Taking risks
- Business tips, greatest suggestions come from customers
- Why you don’t have to fit in
- Letting go of expectations